Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Venus and Cupid

Venus and Cupid
Vermeer girl with the pearl earring
virgin of the rocks
Woman with a Parasol
Yes, but--there's the little spare room--my room that was. It is quite ready. Please stay, Mrs. Edlin!--I shall want you in the morning." ¡¡¡¡ "Oh well--I don't mind, if you wish. Nothing will happen to my four old walls, whether I be there or no." ¡¡¡¡ She then fastened up the doors, and they ascended the stairs together. ¡¡¡¡ "Wait here, Mrs. Edlin," said Sue. "I'll go into my old room a moment by myself." ¡¡¡¡ Leaving the widow on the landing Sue turned to the chamber which had been hers exclusively since her arrival at Marygreen, and pushing to the door knelt down by the bed for a minute or two. She then arose, and taking her night-gown from the pillow undressed and came out to Mrs. Edlin. A man could be heard snoring in the room opposite. She wished Mrs. Edlin good-night, and the widow entered the room that Sue had just vacated.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Venus and Cupid

Anonymous said...

Venus and Cupid