Friday, April 24, 2009

John Constable Wivenhoe Park

John Constable Wivenhoe ParkJohn Constable The White HorseJohn Constable The Hay Wain
hand out of her apron pocket, and held up a horseshoe.
Casanunda heard scuffles around him, as the hidden elves fought to get out of the way More steam hissed up as a brazier of hot stones was overturned.
“Take it away!”
“I’ll take it away when I go,” said Nanny. “Now you lis-ten to me. She’s making trouble again. You’ve got to put a stop to
day. Who knows? One day. Everyone needs ‘one day.’ But it
ain’t today. D’you see? So you come on out and balance
things up. Otherwise, this is what I’ll do. I’ll get ‘em to dig
into the Long Man with iron shovels, y’see, and they’ll say,
why, it’s just an old earthworks, and pensioned-off wizards
and priests with nothin’ better to do will pick over the heaps
and write dull old books about burial traditions and such-it. Fair’s fair. We’re not having all the Old Trouble again.”“Why should I do that?”“You want her to be powerful, then?”There was a snort.“You can’t ever rule again, back in the world,” said Nanny. “There’s too much music. There’s too much iron.”“Iron rusts.”“Not the iron in the head.”The King snorted.“Nevertheless ... even that. .. one day ...”“One day.” Nanny nodded. “Yes. I’ll drink to that. One

No comments: